Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Highlighting

Over the years, I have learned that God wants to speak to us in different ways. I grew up being taught that the Holy Spirit will cause verses to stand out, to be highlighted when we read the Bible. That is quite true, and I have experienced it. For me, it has expanded beyond time spent in the Word. The Holy Spirit will also highlight everyday objects and events.

One particular day about year or so ago, I was doing something very common and maybe a little bit boring. I was driving around trying to get the best deal that I could on gas for the car. It is my desire to be a good steward of what God has given my family, so I shop for deals. In this case, I had intended to get gas at a particular station, but the one nearest me was only two cents more a gallon. As I drove into the station, the sign caught my attention. The price displayed was $3.35 and the time was 3:34. That meant that I was there at the exact time so as to make my time and my fill up price the same by the time that I pumped gas. I believe that the Holy Spirit was speaking to me about a coming season.

Even in the place where we have done our best to honor God, there is a release of grace coming to us. The number three is about divine fullness. In our humanity, we can never be enough, but God is able to complete what is lacking in us. The number five is about grace and abundance. God is taking us into a place that we will not recognize until we step into it, and we will be arrive exactly when we are supposed to be there. It is a season where God will cause us to become perfected and made complete. It will be followed by a release of his grace and abundance. God is going fill us up for the next leg of our journey with him.

God is always speaking, but we miss much of what he is saying because we only expect him to speak at certain times and in certain ways. This week, be open to hearing God in new ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment