Thursday, May 1, 2014

The Beauty of Shades and Variations

 We are a society that thrives on finding the right answers. On any given topic, you might be hopelessly confused, searching for perfection, or an expert at it now. For as long as I can remember, I have had a hunger for perfection. This drive has inspired others and yet, it can be exhausting. The danger of seeking “perfect” is that it does not actually exist. 

“To everything there is a season, and a time for every matter or purpose under heaven” - Ecclesiastes 3:1 (AMP)

This morning as I asked God for his advice about my life, I saw leaves turning colors and falling from a tree. Perfection is measured and often has a stated goal. Life is different. It is organic and ever changing. When I think of the many shades and variations of a tree in the fall, I could take one of two approaches: I could say that it is a completely disorganized mess, or I could embrace the beauty of it. With God’s help, I choose to embrace the precious chaos of life and to appreciate its imperfections.


No comments:

Post a Comment