Tuesday, April 29, 2014

What You Need to Know Right Now

The night before last, I dreamed that I gave a general prophetic word to a young girl. She might have been seven or eight years old. After I gave her the word, her father asked to speak with me. He was very distraught, and I wondered if I had upset him. As he talked, I began to understand his frustration. His daughter was sick. She was not gaining weight and was not growing the way that she should. This father’s heart was filled with worry over his daughter’s future. 

The mother stepped in the room and poured out her concerns about medical care. They were a family of financial means, but the bills were overwhelming. I told them that I did not have all the answers and in fact, I did not have any answers. The mother gave a short cry of despair at that. Then, I told them what they needed to know, “God loves you”. It was not a trite thing to say. Something deeper was being communicated in those three words, “Even though what you are going through is crazy and even though you have no answers for why this is happening, God deeply cares for you. He is for you”.

“You number my wanderings; Put my tears into Your bottle; Are they not in Your book? When I cry out to You, Then my enemies will turn back; This I know, because God is for me.” – Psalm 56:8-9 (NKJV)

Whatever is happening today, you need to know that God is for you. You might never understand why certain things have happened. You might not see the conclusion in this life of the mysteries that have kept you awake at night. It is going to be OK though. God really and truly cares about you! He values you. He loves you so much. This is what you need to know, and this is what you need to stay focused on.

No comments:

Post a Comment