Saturday, April 5, 2014

Sprint!

On the night of February 14th, I dreamed that my wife bought a Sprinter van for 14,000 at 14% interest.

I dream all sorts of dreams. Some of them are what I refer to as “pizza dreams” in honor of Ebeneezer Scrooge when he tried to explain away Jacob Marley's visit. He told Jacob he was just an undigested crumb of cheese.

“For God may speak in one way, or in another, Yet man does not perceive it.  In a dream, in a vision of the night, When deep sleep falls upon men, While slumbering on their beds, Then He opens the ears of men, And seals their instruction.” – Job 33:14-16

At other times, I have dreams that are very distinct. These dreams, I pay attention to. God still speaks to us in dreams. I search for detailed information contained within my dreams. Numbers can be important. The Bible associates different numbers to different meanings. The Divinity Code has been an excellent resource for me. Another resource is believers in the local body. There are those in the Body that God has graced with a special ability to interpret dreams. When I cannot make sense of a dream, I will sometimes reach out to one or two people in my life that have the gift of interpreting dreams.

The number 14 was used in the Bible to refer to the start of Passover. You can read about Passover in Exodus 19. In a nutshell, the enslaved people of Israel were to wait until twilight on the 14th day. They were to prepare a lamb that that been reserved for this purpose. They were to eat the meal fully clothed and to eat in a hurry so that they would be ready to go when God released the final plague on Egypt.

God is up to something this year. He is going to do something special that is related to our passing over and to our deliverance. It is conditional on our being ready to move when he says to go. Essentially, this is the year where we will sprint when God says to move. In this season, our deliverance will be accompanied by a judgment against the enemy, divine protection for us, and supernatural provision to launch us on the next leg of our journey with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment