Saturday, April 19, 2014

He truly is Lord of Lords

Today was a lazy Saturday morning. After I woke up and spent a few minutes talking to the Lord, I made myself comfortable on the coach and snoozed for a while. I dreamed the usual random dreams, but then I dreamed something meaningful. I was waiting outside of a building. The door was open, and Jesus was inside. He was ministering to a small group of people. The people seemed to be receiving different types of healing. As I sat outside the door waiting to go in, I made a decision: When I was able to approach him, I would not walk up to him causally. I would make my way to him and kneel at his feet to reaffirm his lordship over me. I thought of how easy it is to interact with him as the twelve disciples might have interacted with him. He is my friend after all, and yet he is so much more.

 “Then I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lampstands,  and in the midst of the seven lampstands One like the Son of Man, clothed with a garment down to the feet and girded about the chest with a golden band. His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and His eyes like a flame of fire; His feet were like fine brass, as if refined in a furnace, and His voice as the sound of many waters; He had in His right hand seven stars, out of His mouth went a sharp two-edged sword, and His countenance was like the sun shining in its strength.  And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead…” - Revelation 1:12-17

Whenever we speak of Jesus and whenever we pray to Jesus, we do so with the backdrop of how we imagine Jesus to be. Most of the time, I have seen the Jesus of the Gospels portrayed as the backdrop and even then, with a particular fuzziness. Jesus’ life on Earth was a season of his eternal existence. Until the end of his life, he was being qualified for the roles of Savior, High Priest, and Lord of Lords. He fully represented the Father, and yet his glory was held back here on Earth. In John 17:24, Jesus prayed, “Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world.”

I wonder how my walk with God would change if my inner picture of Jesus was more like that of the Risen Lord seen in the Book of Revelation. I would like to believe the way that we represent Jesus would be forever altered if our faith rested in this image of a God-man so intense that it would cause the apostle John to collapse in front him. He is fully in character and in godhood what he was when he walked on Earth, and he is now fully revealed in the glory that he received from the Father. He is totally approachable and yet awesome in his person. He is merciful, and yet not one to be taken lightly. He is both the Lion and the Lamb of God. This God, this incredible being is the One that I will never get bored with. It is this amazing God that I long to know in a deeper way.

No comments:

Post a Comment