Saturday, May 31, 2014

Yielding

I have always, always struggled in my relationship with God. That is not to say that I have struggled to live a moral life, but I have struggled to relate to God properly. I can understand the older brother’s perspective in Jesus’ parable about the prodigal son. During my teen years, I received a couple of prophetic words that instructed me to stop striving, to stop laboring. It never made sense to me. What does “not striving” look like, practically speaking?

Over the years, I have learned to rest a little more in God, but it is still a largely unresolved area for me. Last week, God gave me a picture of what he is looking for. I was asking him how to better align with him or something to that affect. Immediately, I saw a mental picture of a railroad.

This is what it meant to me: I get to wait on God in the same way that I would wait on a train. He is stronger than me, and he wants to carry the loads of my life. He has promised me things, and like the rail cars that seem to stretch out into the distant horizon, what he has promised will move forward and come to past in his timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment